Friday, September 14, 2007

weekend-ing



The divided plate was gone when I returned to GoodWill, but finding this fellow for $5 made my day. The shade could use some pompoms, don't you think? Mr. Dumpty will live in Henry's room, I think. I haven't lavished nearly as much attention on the little Mister's room, so it's due for some thrifty goodness.

You can't see me, of course, but here I am, on the porch, barefoot as has been the case since mid-April, soaking up the last of summer. I am getting misty. And contemplating a run to the McGregor sock outlet down the road. It seems I may need a pair this weekend. 15-degrees tomorrow? Oh the cruel, cruel jet stream.

On the family sked this weekend:
1. Marineland. I promised.
2. Queen West Art Crawl. Where we bought this last year, and kind of hoped to buy another Steven Nederveen painting, but discovered we can no longer afford his work. Which I suppose is good, investment-wise, but a bummer for our still barren bedroom.

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that lamp! $5?! I am emerald with envy. Yes, it definitely needs some little red pom poms!