Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Party, Party, Party




A sunny day, a big shady tree and tie-dying t-shirts in the backyard. I so love this party. There was also an obstacle course involving water balloons and hockey equipment - all big hits with the under-10 crowd. My trend-y senses are tingling: It seems like simpler, more humble celebrations are coming into vogue. There's Katrina Onstad's "party monsters" article in September's Chatelaine, this article sent to me by my sister (Who is also a fan of the home-baked party. It's the only kind we ever knew.), and this article on HGTV's site .

I love good decorations, yummy food and a fairly organized operation: wine for the grown-ups, no blaring kid music, a well-planned activity and a treat for the ride home. No insanely expensive loot bags, but no plasticky junk either. That the wine will be, as Katrina Onstad describes, "half drunk, clouded with wadded clown napkins and a regurgitated cake chunk sunk to the bottom...", is a given. Indeed, that describes most of my beverages, party or not. Call me a sentimental fool, but I love it all.

Thanks for sending in the party pictures Lisa - looks like a good time.

No comments: