Wednesday, September 26, 2007

a bargain at twice the price





I was very happy to make the acquaintance of Flora, a crafty gal down the road who is a whiz with the crochet hook. While lots of folks can knit and crochet with competence - those scratchy acrylic but beautifully turned-out hats and dolls at church bazaars make me weep - it's the crafters who also have an eye for colour and an attention to detail that stop me in my tracks. These are Flora's hair clips. She asked if I would be interested in selling them in my shop. Normally I don't do hair accessories; they're not really the sort of thing people buy online and it's hard to convey in a photograph how lovely and thoughtfully made these are. But I couldn't say no because these are just too good to not share. Flora has sent over a smattering of samples. She crochets each little flower then attaches it to a ribbon-covered alligator clip, that also has a magnetic strip inside so it'll hold the finest baby hair. They are $6.75 a set, which, considering the level of detail, means Flora is not paying herself nearly enough. So get in on a good thing while you can!

If you're interested in a set of clips for your gal, drop me a line: nicole(at)honey-bunch.com

No comments: