Wednesday, January 02, 2008

well hello 2008



Good-bye Christmas tree. We don't mess around here. Always a little sad packing away the baubles for some reason, but today I'm grateful to reclaim that corner in the living room, and grateful to have the armchair out of the bedroom (where I hip checked it daily) and back in its rightful place. The older I get, the lower my tolerance for chaos becomes. I enjoy putting things right. I'm not normally one for January resolutions, but who doesn't like the feeling of a fresh start? It does sort of get a person thinking.

Next up: a birthday party for my little girl who is turning five tomorrow. Last year's party, a real barn burner, will go down in the family history books (never again will I attempt to open gifts with 12 kids after they've scarfed cake and ice cream) but this year's fete will be a simpler affair with 8 friends and an afternoon of bingo. We started making paper garlands the other day. After a month of sparkly things, it's nice to see cheerful colours again.

No comments: