Thursday, January 17, 2008

and the winner is...

Since you were all so lovely in your comments, I have whipped up a few extra tissue holders and will send one to Josiane, Rose, Lisa and Angelique. Send me your mailing address nicole{at}honey-bunch.com and I'll pop one in the mail for you. Thanks for playing along.

Meanwhile, in another part of the world, good things are starting to happen over at the shop. Nearly five months after I placed the order, I now have a working telephone. Beautiful window vinyls arrived yesterday too. Beautiful but not quite perfect: the swoopy grassy part of the logo was printed in a heinous apple green and has to be redone to match the rest of the logo. But it was a very good day all the same.

Can I ask you something? You may have noticed the little poll over to your right. I'd love to know what you think. I spent a couple of days at a trade show this week trolling through acres of furniture. Most of it of The Brick and Leons variety but a few things I could get excited about. When it comes to crib styles I'm stumped. Do you go for a traditional drop-side crib, a heftier convertible model or one of the new-fangled Oeuf-style cribs? I'd really love to know so I can get it right for the store. We bought a $300 basic drop-side number back in 2002 when there weren't so many options. I'd probably go sleeker now, but not sure I'd pay $1000+ for a crib. What do you like?

6 comments:

angelique said...

Hooray! I've never been this excited about anything to do with tissues. Now I'll be whipping them out in style.

As for the crib, I hope you don't mind if I skip your poll and leave a little more detailed feedback. I'll do it in an email so as not to write an essay in your comments!

Tracy said...

while i love the look of the modern cribs, i just couldn't reconcile the price tag for the amount of time my littles spent in a crib... (and a lot of time spent in our bed.) we had a very simple white standard one that was a hand-me-down from my sister-in-law and it served us perfectly. i was much more interested in splurging on something like an eames rocker that would last a lifetime...
very exciting about the shop btw! xo

Rose said...

My only crib purchase was in 1984; I don't even know what you're talking about with your choices! I'm pretty sure I couldn't spend $1000 though, unless I planned on 6 kids using it :) Oh, and thanks for the tissue holder! I'll email you.

Josiane said...

That's so sweet of you to make a tissue holder for everyone!
I'm sorry I can't be of any help with cribs...

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of anything vintage... but it's a bit of a concern regarding cribs due to changing safety standards. We opted to paint our daughters old crib an antique white for our son. It looks great, and has the same feel.
As for price, I think around $500 is what the average family would spend on a crib. $1000 seems a bit steep.
P>S - great work!

Unknown said...

i bought my grandson a crib from ikea that eventually converted into a little bed. he's 8 years old now and his 2 1/2 year old sister has just graduated from crib form to bed form. it's just been such a practical item. they feel like they're in the same bed - because they are!