Sunday, January 13, 2008

just ducky


There's not much going on over here that would make for an interesting post, I'm afraid. Not that things aren't happening, mind you, but it's all kind of duck-like with lots of intrigue below the surface and calm waters above. Interesting is not an adjective I'd apply to my *situation* with Bell Canada, but if you're wondering, as Stella does, what it is I do all day, because you know, I don't actually work anymore so there is no good reason why we can't go see the Water Horse movie in the middle of the afternoon, you can see from my new Bell Canada blog, I've been spending a fair amount of time over at the someday-I'll-be-a-real-shop shop dealing with seriously uninteresting things. And not working.

So while I have nothing going on, I thought I'd introduce two bloggers who do. First up: Marta who makes beautiful journals and cards, and through Marta, I made the acquaintance of Melissa who, in addition to making beautiful crafty things and taking gorgeous photos of her kids, lives in Buffalo. I have no idea why that pleases me so but it does. Check these gals out. You'll be glad you did.

And with thanks to Melissa for the inspiration, there will be no more wadded balls of damp, possibly used (likely used) Kleenex in my coat pockets. Nosiree. I've gone upscale with one of those fancy-type tissue holders. Five minutes! Check the tutorial over here. I'm making a batch of these this afternoon and sending them to everyone we made sick over Christmas. This one is for my poor sis, who has yet to recover from whatever mondo bug was crawling around our house. Sorry A.

3 comments:

melissa deakin said...

so happy that we have become acquainted via blogs!
aren't these tissue holders just wonderful?
i love that fabric you used!
:)

Nicole Morell said...

Thank you and thank you Melissa! So nice to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Nicole wait for the Water Horse to come to DVD. It really is a beautiful movie...but NOT for children. The movie is about the war and Scotland. You see the water horse for maybe 5 min. total in the whole movie. He grows in to "Lock ness" over night so you really only get a few min. of fun. It is a 2 hour movie as well. They should not have made this movie look like a kids movie. It really is more for adults.
Just a warning. Luckily my 2 sat quite through the whole thing. They were both passed out for 80% of it :o)