Wednesday, October 10, 2007




I've always thought the person whose job it is to name paint colours has a pretty cool gig. I imagine that by the 80th rendition of medium brown things could get tiresome, so I'm suggesting "pinecone". If any paint-namers are out there.

A new batch of handknit (in Toronto!) earflap hats just arrived this morning, all beautifully fuzzy, Italian wool of the non-itchy variety and all crayon box colours, but for Mr. Pinecone here, which is my personal favourite. I should have the hats added to the shop in a day or two.

2 comments:

Mireille Messier said...

Hi!
I don't name paint colours for a living either (but I also wish I did). Pinecone is good! Allow me to also put forward "gravy" and "dark rye". Hummm... I think I'm hungry...
I just stumbled upon you blog and I'm really enjoying it. Thanks for taking the time to write!
Cheers,
Mireille M.

angelique said...

Ha! When I was a kid, I used to wonder how the person who named all the streets in my city did it. I never considered that maybe they had not all been named by one person, all at once.