Wednesday, October 03, 2007

a big bite



I like to take pictures of my kids when they're not looking.



This is why.

Now I'm not complaining about the weather, believe you me, but I must say a fall is really just an excuse to wear a cozy new sweater. It's not the same in flip flops and a tank. But my slow life pledge has been thrown by the wayside recently (hence the spotty posting) so it's real good to get away from the house for a couple of hours and just unplug. What's keeping me hopping you ask? Freelancing is always feast or famine so I tend to say yes to everything, not expecting that it's going to be the writing equivalent of an Italian wedding. Thinking a little *me* time would be good I signed up a few weeks ago for a Wednesday night sewing class, which has turned into a real-life Project Runway with a very capable but exacting instructor. My simple tweed skirt has morphed into a couture garment that's cost nearly $100 to date. But the thing that's keeping me real busy, keeping me awake at night and quite possibly giving me an ulcer, is that I've signed a lease for a studio space. It's a big move for me, for my family, for Honeybunch. I've toyed with and always pooh-poohed the idea of a physical shop over the years but, as I've said before, I believe in fate. It all came together very quickly, very easily and the whole arrangement seems perfect: I can walk there, so it'll be very neighbourhood-y and my kids can hang out with me on the weekend, it's bright and sunny, I can afford the rent (a major issue in Toronto) and the landlord is a gentleman (another major issue, typically). I should be open just before Christmas, and you're all invited to the big party!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I always like a good party, especially one done by Honeybunch. Can't wait to see the studio.

Anonymous said...

That's so great! Happy studio-ing! Looking forward to hearing more about it (and seeing your lovely photos)!

Unknown said...

how exciting! a huge next step for honey bunch. it will grow as the children grow. best wishes.