Friday, November 30, 2007

cute as a button



I can't keep up with it all. So much creative genius out there. I bought these very cute retro-y recipe cards here, checked out her blog and fell in love with these mini wreaths. They combine two of my current passions: buttons and scalloped edges. I'm imagining them in fabric. Or paper but with a glitter edge. Add pixie dust glitter (Martha's is superb) to my list of new favourite things. Having bought every shade of MS's glitter in the states - where it's half the Canadian price, I'm sorry but not surprised to say - I'm on a glitter frenzy. Decking out a batch of pinecones with Stella the other day was just the beginning. Believe me when I tell you there's really nothing that can't be improved by a light dusting of pale blue glitter.

In other news, Santa has a blog. And a podcast. Who knew.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i wrote about buttons today too! who knows...

Sondra said...

You've been a busy bee!! I'm loving your homemade tags of fabric and buttons. You should not be embarassed to present them to us. We,here in the crafting section of blogland, have a great appreciation for such things. I think I'll take your cue and put some of my own together. Don't worry, though; if I share them on my own blog, I promise to give credit where credit is due!