Friday, November 23, 2007

the difficult I'll do right now, the impossible will take a little while



Cue the Fred Flintstone screechy braking sound. After playing a protracted game of stop/go with contractors - a game I really should have anticipated, having watched many HGTV renovation disaster shows - I decided to delay opening the new shop until the new year. The plan was to return from vacation to a beautiful and shiny and, most important, finished, space. But as you can see, there is a bit of work left to do. I didn't even realize until yesterday's cold snap that the baseboard heaters hadn't been installed. That, coupled with no sign out front (permit delay), no lighting (electrical delay) and no phone line (Bell engingeering delay), my push to open by December 8th started to seem downright foolish. And, honestly, not worth the self-imposed stress.

So with thanks to Billy Holiday, I will take a break from the scramble to enjoy Christmas with my peeps. Do a little baking. A little making. And get ready to swing open the doors to the world in February.

Happy weekend folks

No comments: