Thursday, November 15, 2007

it's good here



I love everything about this funny little island (pop. 800) but the shopping here isn't exactly up my alley. Aside from one rather excellent outlet mall - a mall only in that it is an island of stores surrounded by an ocean of free parking. Truly, it is an open-air palm tree-dotted promenade that is, in the local parlance, classy. And quite the opposite of Foxy Lady, a bedazzled palace on the posh end of the island. Menswear, of the high-waisted, triple-pleated, ascot-accented variety, is also plentiful in these parts:



As are playful, poolside looks:



The matching sunglasses get me. But don't think I'm poking fun. Well I am, I suppose, but I love it. I love it all, though I prefer the down-market junk shops and roadside flea markets - especially those run by a band of philanthropic pirates.



And that sell old magazines for a quarter:



Great Granny Squares! I love this jumper!


And this hair.


And this craft. But maybe without the epoxy cement.

No comments: