Thursday, November 22, 2007

back in the saddle



A big old frustration-tinged rummage. An exhalation. A cool phone call to the last person on earth who would know where a lost something might be. A USB cable located. I am back. With renewed purpose and bloggy usefulness.

First, a holiday craft. For my Christmas swap partner. These soft trees, you'll remember, were all over blogland last year. I stitched it by hand while catching up on episodes of Dexter (a very un-Christmas-y backdrop. Let's call it guilty pleasure #1.) I'd like to make some more. I'm a little bit shy about giving handmade things, well things made from my hands that is. I'm never sure if they're received with as much enthusiasm as they're made. I think it was this month's Blueprint that had a little gifting etiquette guide and while I forget the exact protocol, it was pretty clear that handmade was the poor cousin and should be given only in certain circumstances. As a secondary gift, say. I disagree, but it's made me look more critically at the quality of my handiwork.

In other news, and in defense of two weeks of vacation photos, this is my other intended project. I'm not a scrapbooker or much of a photo album keeper, but a book? I can get behind that. Feast your eyes here. If you'd like the geekier explanation, go here.

It's snowing. I like it. Enjoy your day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must be my non-scrapbooking/non-photo-albuming twin! My daughter's photo albums abruptly stopped when she was 3 months old and I returned to work part-time. Since then, I've downloaded, emailed, posted, and very carefully burned to well-organized CDs all her millions of photos (she's now over 3 years old). But the thousnands(seriously! I'm a shutterbug!) of photos have yet to make it to an album. And I'm left with terrible Mommy guilt that I'm a photo album slacker!

I love photobooks! So easy & fresh. I've done them for Father's Day the last 3 years. So last week, I made it my winter goal to document Ellie's photos in multiple photobooks - birthday books, vacations, holidays, first year in pre-school, etc... Perfect! (And take up so much less space than clunky albums!).