Monday, August 27, 2007

roy


It seems the dog, which I thought was rather cute if a little scratchy, was not a good enough trade, and the blue monkey spent yet another night away from his rightful owner. This house is way into monkeys. So I made this little chap the other night. I knew he had been accepted into the famiglia when Stella named him Roy; cast-offs are never bestowed names.

I followed a pattern from Miyako Kanamori's Sock and Glove book. The directions were spot-on. The only advice I can offer is maybe do the ear detail embroidery before attaching the ears to the head - it's a bit of a challenge to work on an already stuffed figure. Oh, and I double stitched the arms and tail on to the body with thick cotton thread so Roy can withstand the daily tumble of life with a four year old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your so darn crafty