Thursday, August 02, 2007

the complaint department


Painful backache, originally uploaded by baboon™.


Last week's tumble led to a week-long exercise break. Sluggishness and guilt set in Monday so I eased, or so I thought, back into my yoga routine yesterday. But somewhere between Warrior Two and Shivasana I pulled something in my back. How ridiculous. It's the kind of pain that's tolerable if I make no sudden moves. And I remain standing. So here I am in hour seven of being upright. It feels like being on a very long bus ride with not a seat to spare. The upside to all this uprightness is that it's the ideal position in which to cook. Who knew. I've already made barley risotto (yuck), tortellini and white bean soup (yum) and I'm just about to get to work on a grilled pork tenderloin for tonight's salad supper. Because if there's anything sillier than being forced to stand all day, it's got to be manning the BBQ in 40-degree heat.

No comments: