Thursday, July 12, 2007

crispy around the edges

Just finished lunch and a good old chinwag (as my mother would say) with my sister-in-law who told me she enjoyed my rant earlier this week. Rant. I was worried about hitting that publish button. Maybe there should be rules about posting after midnight. I am feeling a little tightly coiled, truth be told. It always happens when I have a writing deadline - two, actually, this week. And as always, not enough time in the day - or night - to get everything done that needs doing. But a good find always improves my mood, and a little procrastination doesn't hurt either. So off we went to Talize, the new secondhand chain that is promising to be everything Value Village is not. It definitely has a lower cootie quotient than GoodWill or VV but it's not the "whole new way to shop" promised on the website. That said, I found this beautiful cut paper silhouette for $1.99:



I can't get over the intricate cutwork. Every leaf! Shoelaces! The neckerchief! One slip of the scissors and disaster! So very cool. I'd like to know about Lotte Gutzlaff and this Huckleberry Finn-like boy. Maybe it is Huck Finn?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have the same paper work lotte gutzlaff it is after my grandma
i'm from poland, gorzow city, 120km from berlin
if you have any info about the artist
please write something more

best regards
piotr