Wednesday, July 04, 2007

BYOF



Some people brought wine, some came bearing ice-cream, while others arrived with home-baked treats but my favourite hostess gift was this chair, which our friends found sitting curb-side on the drive over. Love it as-is but I can imagine doing something like this one day:



(an idea from the Celine Dupuy sewing book I can't get enough of.)

That's the Drexel coffee table from a few garage sales ago. Still awaiting refinishing, but with quotes ranging from $250 to $500 I think I'll take a crack at it myself. And now that I see how boring my carefully chosen oyster-hued paint looks I might have to take that on too. I have a hankering for colour. The kind of intense, deep, dark colour that makes husbands and real estate agents nervous. Like this. Or this. Or this.

No comments: