Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"If I ever write a book, this will be the cover"

That really says it all, wouldn't you say?

Maybe it's because finally (finally!) Stella is able to fall asleep without one of us in the bed beside her for two hours- it is, after all, so much easier to enjoy your kids when you're not resenting them - that I'm able to see the humour in the chaos these days. Or maybe it's the approach of Father's Day and I'm feeling so very grateful that I have a really good guy to laugh with. I suspect there are few fellas around who would step out of bed, land on a mixmaster and not ask any questions (it's Henry's favourite toy). Or one who stays up late mixing CDs for his daughter so she'll grow up singing Hit The Road Jack, That's Amore and Charlie Brown instead of Raffi (OK, that one might be more self-serving).


I love the article "How to Be a Good Father" in this month's Esquire. I prefer men's magazines to women's: they're funnier, better written and much more honest. Anyway, go buy the June issue, flip to page 98 and read Tom Chiarella. It'll make you love your kids and your fella just a little bit more.

No comments: