Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I brake for Henrys


No matter where we are or what we're doing - running late to a party, say, or somewhere off the beaten path looking for a mythical ice-cream shop - if I see a Henry sign it means a Fred-and-Barney-both-feet-braking-middle-of-the-road-honkers-be-damned full stop. So I can take a picture. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this collection of oddly-angled photographs, but I think I'd like to frame them as a grouping when we do the big boy room makeover next year.

It's a busy week, suddenly. I know this because A) this was day two of no make-up and a bad ponytail and B) when I returned from Ikea I discovered my shirt was inside out. A convergence of writing deadlines, new projects, fall buying (already!) and, oh yes, a party for 50 friends in 10 days is keeping me hopping. But never so busy that I can't brake for a Henry.

Stay tuned for a shop update and a summer sale preview for email subscribers.

No comments: