Tuesday, February 27, 2007

big box o' beanies



Like a opening a box of jelly beans. The first shipment of beanies arrived today. I'm packing up orders this afternoon, so those who got in on the flapper fun early should have their hats in a day or two.

Now if only it would stop snowing...though I quite like the image of a bunch of minis in colourful caps against all this white. We had our own snow day yesterday, Stella and me. I knew she was feeling poorly Sunday when she watched the Oscars with me for two hours, long after my husband retreated to the basement. And when she sweetly asked "Is that you mommy?" when Kate Winslet appeared on screen I knew it was time to check her temperature. A sort-of fever. A tossy-turny night in our bed. A morning--and afternoon--spent in pyjamas. A miraculous late day recovery when the neighbourhood kids came home and everyone congregated on the lawn of the house with the tobaggan-friendly slope.

No comments: