Monday, February 05, 2007

Baby, it's cold inside






My furnace conked out last night. I woke up to a house that was 16.5 degrees at 5:30 this morning. Thankfully both kiddies were wearing extra-toasty fleece sleepers and it's really only me who's complaining. So I sit. And sit. And wait for the furnace guy to come. Thinking it might actually be warmer in the sunshine, I headed outside and discovered my poor viburnam and boxwood encased in ice. Why didn't I build those cute burlap teepees I saw on Martha? I really am such a careless gardener.


As I was straddling the blue fescue to take pictures of my very frozen but pretty shrubs, the mailman arrived. After giving me a curious look (rightly so. it's damn cold out there) he handed me the mail, which included the March issue of Canadian Family. And lo, there on page 25 is one of my canvases . The paintings are just so lovely. I don't know if most folks realize that they're actually hand-painted - they're not screened or digitally printed. It's acrylic paint on canvas, so you can see the brushstrokes and texture and they're just an amazing way to live with a favourite photo. Love them.











No comments: