Thursday, February 22, 2007

this just in


Maybe I shouldn't admit this, but I'm my own best customer. It's more fun than Christmas (for me anyhow) when the postman arrives bearing boxes of fresh goodies. I had a deadline this morning for a little writing job, so as tempting as it was, I put the box aside to open as my reward this afternoon. It was worth the wait. I love everything here:


For weeks after Stella's birth I recorded details of her feedings, diaper changes and mood on a notepad. My bleary-eyed scribblings don't make for very exciting reading (nursed for half hour. fussed. slept for an hour. nursed for an hour. fussed. slept for two hours) but it definitely takes me back to those early days, and I'll never throw it out. Of course nothing was that organized with Henry. But he was a more laid-back baby - coincidence? I love this Feed Me journal for first-time parents. I know they'll use it.


And this "notes for the babysitter" pad. Which is exactly what it says: a fill in the blank pad so you can dash off quick instructions for grandma. Love it.



Tiny pastel t-shirts with crocheted ice cream cones. Perfectly adorable.


Progress on the new, souped-up shop is being made. Now that all the back-end tech stuff seems to be done, I'm working on design next week and hope to start stocking the (virtual) shelves soon. We're still aiming for an end of March opening. How does one host a grand opening online? It's not a party unless there's prosecco and mushroom tartlets. I'll have to think about that.

No comments: