Tuesday, January 09, 2007

mini shop update






I just added two lovely new children's books and a tiny, perfect baby journal that's some kind of gorgeous. I love Nikki McClure's style. Her paper cut illustrations are done in black paper with an exacto knife which gives them a graphic simplicity I really like these days.

I also like that the journal isn't the fill-in-the-blank kind (Your first bath! Your first car ride!) that send me into a panic because, frankly, I can't recall those details with any accuracy and I don't need the guilt, you know what I mean? I'd rather jot a note about my girl as I tuck her in and discover she's sleeping in elbow and knee pads for the third night in a row. Or how Henry crawls like an inchworm and it's seriously hard work but he just won't use his knees. It's a great journal. I hope you like it too.

No comments: