Thursday, November 30, 2006

sew, a needle pulling thread



I went for a stroll the other day and came home with a sewing machine. I told you I would. The lessons, however, will have to wait. The saleswoman (Angela at Cloverdale Sewing Centre is awesome!) showed me the basics - wind a bobbin, thread the machine and away I went. My first project was this advent tree (does sewing paper count?) for Stella. The holiday issue of MS shows how to make these tags. I used 2" wide ribbon sewn onto card stock I cut in a tag shape. It makes a nice little pocket for a chocolate loonie.

That project went pretty quickly so I sewed these cards using scraps of felt. It brought to mind a saying that goes something like "he who is good with a hammer sees everything as a nail." But they're cute, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything turned out great!!

Nicole Morell said...

Thanks Carmi! I certainly thought of you as I was sewing those cards. You'll get one in the mail so you can see my handiwork in person!