Tuesday, November 28, 2006

and the winner is...



Can you imagine winning $15,000 worth of nursery gear? I think I'd keep the velvet rope up at my house. The winner of the Savvy Mom Win a Dream Nursery Contest I mentioned back in October was announced the other day, she's from Oakville, and the lucky gal takes home all the loot shown in the pics above. Eye spy with my little eye a few things from Honeybunch: a birdie mobile, knit cowboy booties, a Japanese nightlight. That's a Mally leather bib dangling from the dresser (I cannot say enough about these bibs, especially now we're in the mushy pea phase here. They are total genius.) and that cute little blue club chair is in my shop too. I think that's an Oeuf crib. Nice. And where did they find a glider that's not covered in bonnet-wearing geese fabric?

It's a lovely room, no? But I'm biased because it's similar to Henry's (which he's now actually sleeping in after a ridiculous eight month sojourn in my bed). I used Farrow and Ball's Blue Grey on the walls. It's a gorgeous not quite blue, not quite grey hue that's really smart and fresh. Natural linen drapery panels from good old IKEA: we cut off the tab top for a cleaner finish and I'm planning to add an 18" band of print fabric to the bottom for interest (one day). The stylish glider eluded me once again, so I opted for a brown leather club chair and ottoman. I reused a lovely white and walnut change table from Stella's room and mounted pages from an antique ABC book in simple frames I painted white. Like Stella's nursery, the whole room cost less than $500. Which is not to say I wouldn't jump for joy at $15,000 worth of free tack, I'm just saying it can be done. If the lighting outside improves I'll take a few photos of Henry's room and post them later.

No comments: