Wednesday, November 01, 2006

crafty, crafty, crafty


The only nice thing about having a cold is luxuriating in bed rest. Fortunately Henry is happy to just be by my side, whether that's jetting to the post office, wrapping orders, or sending endless email. So the arrival today of my highly anticipated copy of the Crafter's Companion meant we could hunker down in bed, he with a few favourite toys, me with my new book.

I don't sew or knit or embroider (I really wish I did. Maybe one day I will.) but the talented and creative folk whose work is featured here really inspire me. I buy their things - my recent purchase of gift tags and iron-on transfers came from here - and read their blogs. Occasionally, I get to sell their things in my shop.

The book profiles 17 crafty types from the US, Europe, Australia, and even a fellow Torontonian. The photos are beautiful, the projects adorable and clever and witty. Best of all, each artist contributed a pattern so there are are 17 great things to make. If I ever learn to sew, embroider or knit.

No comments: