Sunday, December 30, 2007

what i did on my christmas vacation



An unplanned blog break. I'm sure you understand. In addition to cherished guests, starting last Sunday afternoon we also visited by two ear infections, pink eye, bonchitis and the 24-hour flu. I wasn't sure Christmas was going to happen at all, and we were prepared to call the whole thing off, but for a whole lot of antibiotics and some very good spirit on the part of our families willing to risk their own health in the name of turkey, presents and Irish coffee we pulled it off. And it was grand.


I'm sure my kids would disagree (Spiderman roller skates for Stella and a box of chunky markers for Henry are the bees knees around here) but I love these prints I had done for them. They started off as paper collage - each dash of colour is a tiny piece of wallpaper, construction paper or origami paper - and while these are prints, I was able to specify skin and hair colour to personalize them a bit.




My sister has a knack for groovy little gifts, like a '70s era book that I love as much for the craft projects inside as I do the inscription. I never had a nickname but if I did, I'd lobby for Poopsie.




And how was your Christmas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ida Pearle's cards are so pretty. Nice choice for the kids.

Sara Tams said...

Where did you get the collage prints? I LOVE them!