Tuesday, March 06, 2007

loving...

I have been on the hunt for two weeks for the new issue of Blueprint. Not even Indigo had it on the weekend, so I feared the worst: canceled like my beloved MS Kids. I'm still not over that. Why Martha? Why?
It's not exactly kid-oriented but Blueprint is great. It has all of the lovely photography and wish-I'd-thought-of-that ideas without that undertone of disapproval that makes reading MS Living feel more like a to-do list than a leisurely read. My dark, perpetually disorganized linen closet, which is either completely overstuffed or emptier than Mother Hubbard's cupboard, makes me feel like I don't belong in those pages. So Blueprint. Cute models living in cute, cramped spaces I can totally relate to.

The best cover I've seen, well maybe ever. Must. Have. That. Wallpaper.
But it was this genious idea that caught my attention. When I worked at a magazine we called these plastic envelopes "job bags" and used them to circulate layouts and pages among the team. Who'd have thought to use them to hang art? I tried to find job bags at Staples this afternoon - no luck. I've got to track these down, but if anyone knows a source offhand, do share!



No comments: