Wednesday, December 13, 2006

in the wee small hours...




...while the whole family is fast asleep (to paraphrase Mr. Sinatra)I'm making an apron. More accurately, learning to make an apron - hence the instructions for both the pattern and my new sewing machine laid out on the table. The apron is actually made from a vintage pillow case, culled from my collection. It called for simple twill tape ties but I opted for more sturdy and washable fabric ties, which I made from different fabric, also vintage. Thank you Hillary Lang for sharing the pattern.

It's for Stella, a Christmas gift. Lately she enjoys helping in the kitchen and I think she'll be pleased to finally have an apron her own size. The kid rolls a damn fine meatball. It's part of my handcrafted pledge this year. Fun. Happy. Tired. Proud.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it looks great! and I love that pillowcase!