Friday, September 29, 2006

warm and cozi

It is the sign of a deeply disorganized home to unearth a bottle of Pol Roger beneath the hill of laundry that's been perched on top of the clothes dryer, well, for quite some time evidently. I don't know what stresses me more, that a perfectly good bottle of bubbly has been shaken and heated to oblivion or that I have no recollection of buying or receiving it, thus, the laundry must have been there a very long time indeed.

So the topic of yesterday's Daily Candy was most welcome. Cozi. It's a new freebie web tool from Microsoft that whispered all the right things in my ear: centralized contact info, a family calendar (no more "what Doctor's appointment?") and a communal shopping list that everyone can add to so I'm not the only one to blame for 8 jars of dill pickles in the pantry but no toilet paper. All wonderful things that will save me time, make me organized and, if I'm lucky, help us get to the bottom of the laundry pile faster. Naturally I signed up on the spot. Step one is to add in family members and their coordinates. I input my husband and 2 minutes later got this reply: "why r u spamming me?" Ah, young love. Next it's Stella and Henry's turn to be cozi'd. About 20 minutes later and I've managed to assign colours to each family member, schedule my hair appointment, Stella's twice weekly Karate class and upload all 800 photos so all my unflattering, not fit to print photos can scroll before me every 5.2 seconds. Fantastic. (reminder to self: summer sun highlights are not the same as real highlights and generally start to look crappy at the same time my summer "freckles" revealed themselves to be, horror, age spots.)

So we're cozi'd. I'm not sure it's going to live up to its promise. Time will tell friends, time will tell.

No comments: