Monday, September 25, 2006

A stack of these tiny chairs were found in the storage room of a primary school that was relocating after decades in the same spot on the lakeshore. I guess someone years ago decided wood chairs weren't comfortable so they were all replaced with that moulded plastic stuff. Imagine. But goody for me. I bought them all. I painted this one for my little niece, Maya, and delivered it last week to her new house. My sister bought this sweet but unloved house and moved in a week ago. Against the carpet removal, floor refinishing, replacing trim and doors chaos inside, I love that my sister found a few minutes to make the pretty urn you see peeking out of the corner. I know the neighbours must love her for that.

I do have a few chairs not yet spoken for, so if you're interested in a cutey little chair for your cutie, contact me.

No comments: