Monday, February 25, 2008



A whirlwind of a weekend: a friends & family event on Saturday to christen the new shop. It was a big thrill to throw the doors open and welcome my first visitors after fiddling around on my own until the wee hours for so many weeks. I'm delighted that my stroller-friendly assertion passed the test. And doubly happy that the kid-friendly claim also seemed to hold: the play kitchen and stack of poofs were popular with the under six crowd. And I'll get to do it all again in four days with the grand opening on Saturday.

On that note, I've decided keeping up two blogs is a bit much right now and I'm going to take a break here. With so much of my time and energy going into the shop I'm a one note Nelly these days and I just don't have that much else to talk about. I'll be posting over at the shop blog here and hope to return to this comfortable place once things settle down.

I'll be back!

Nicole

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a delightful-looking table! How great that you got to test things with friends and family: it will be that much less stressful on the day of the grand opening!
(It seems like I'm having trouble posting my comment, I hope it won't appear three times... I'm sorry if it does!)

melissa deakin said...

sounds like it was fabulous.
i'll be thinking of you this week!

angelique said...

Congrats on the opening! These glimpses of your shop make it look delicious (and I don't just mean the refreshments). Wish it was close enough for me to drop in.