Sunday, February 10, 2008

sundaying




Fiddling with the aperture settings on the new camera this morning. And sewing button eyes on a felt bird, but that is another story. It's crazy cold and some kind of windy here, in other words the perfect sort of day to stay inside and make things. Which is exactly what I'm doing over at the shop this afternoon. Making displays. Unmaking displays. Remaking displays. Trying to get it right. At the peak of my exasperation, caused by endless configurations of a bucket, a vase, a tub of Bum Bum Balm, the iPod coughed up The Storm by Tanya Donelly and this lyric that felt perfectly apropos as some brave passersby peered in my window:

I'm not finished yet, I'm under construction
You can peek behind the curtain if you want
You watch, don't stop
My reputation's shot
I just wanted to get it right


Well maybe not the reputation part, but the rest feels spot on.

1 comment:

Girl Land said...

May I ask where you got the pink fabric with red (is that red?) polka dots??? I've been looking all over!

Don't fret-- I'm sure all will look loverly. :)