Wednesday, October 11, 2006

can't wait to show you





Naturally everything I sell makes its way through my house on route to my office and storeroom. Usually Stella intercepts the boxes and gives the contents a critical once over, occasionally she'll ask for a closer look. But this box was different. "Oh mama, what's this?" she whispered. Then there were squeals, yelps, giggles. Arms flying, hands digging into the box and before I knew it, a kitchen full of felt food and a three year old pleading with me to play restaurant with her.

I'm so pleased to be working with the amazingly talented and creative Hilary Seabolt, who designs and creates by hand these magical goodies from wool felt. Would you believe she sews every donut sprinkle by hand? It's even cuter in person, and already a beloved toy in our house.

No comments: