Tuesday, May 22, 2007

all buttoned up



My plans to hit five or six yard sales Saturday were waylaid when I spent my weekly garage sale allowance of $40 bucks in the first 30 seconds on a lovely Drexel cocktail table from the 1960s and this big jar of buttons. Buttons you say? Yes, the humble button is an adored object among certain crafty, vintage-loving folk. One of the things I truly love about the Internet is finding and connecting with people who share sensibilities and interests some might find esoteric. Like swooning over a 2 kilogram jar of buttons. Look at all of this loveliness:


Vintage Buttons, originally uploaded by Picnic by Ellie.



vintage button wreath, originally uploaded by pixiegenne.



close up flower notes, originally uploaded by .tomate d'epingles..



Novelty food is another thing I can't pass up. Like this "Texas-sized" donut. It was the size of a bicycle tire. It drew a small crowd of neighbourhood kids. And it was gone in 60 seconds.

No comments: