Monday, April 07, 2008



A spring jacket. Another super-quick project - as in 45 minutes - from Amy Karol's book. The most time consuming part was finding a copy place to enlarge the patterns to 215%. Staples can't do it, so I had to copy different parts of the pattern and then cobble them together. I recall reading something on Amy's blog that her next book will have proper patterns. Yay. I was lucky to come across this camouflage fabric in the remnant bin at Fabricland: I'd wanted to make this little jacket for some time now but Stella and I could never agree on fabric. You might think I clothe her in dresses with leg o'mutton sleeves and send her out with Gibson girl hair for all the fuss she makes.

Along with this cute chocolate brown paisley jersey that's a gift for my niece, I made two little jackets for $7, including the bias trim. And now I'm off to spend the savings on a new spring 'do for me. Enjoy your day!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brown and paisley together: that's the perfect fabric! I love it!