Tuesday, March 18, 2008

the cobbler's child



A little lunch: Italian wedding soup and blue marker.

My little dude turns two Thursday. I haven't planned a party for him. Goodness gracious, I haven't even attempted a crooked cake. In my defense: it is Easter weekend. And we saw everybody at the shop opening two weeks ago. I gave up guilt a long time ago; it's the feeling of hypocrisy I can't shake. So we, and by we I mean me, will try to deck the halls between now and Thursday 6:00 pm when grandparents, godparents, aunts and uncles, but alas no little playmates, will arrive for take-out churrasco, a double-decker cake from here and to toast the man of the hour.

Post script:



Impromptu or no it was a fine fĂȘte. Considering Henry's best pals are his grandma and grandpa, the most important people were present and accounted for. And in a strange display of baked goods karma, we even managed a crooked cake.

Thank you for the birthday wishes Josiane & Susan!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your little dude!

susanj said...

I heard on the radio this morning that tomorrow would have been Mr. Rogers 80th b.day -- same day as your little dude’s and after reading about your happy find of the Mr. Rogers book on Sunday, it looks like one more reason to believe in fate!

Happy 2nd Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

Just caught up on your lovely blog (haven't had time to read in a while!). I am looking forward to visiting your store soon - will probably want to stay there forever.

My son celebrated his 2nd birthday on March 20th too!

BTW, how do I find a cuckoo clock for him?

neta@silkwormdesigns.com