Thursday, April 26, 2007

the great escape


Things have been a little hectic around here lately. Just the stuff of life - parenting, house, jobs, families - nothing out of the ordinary but enough keeping us running from thing to thing all the while feeling the weight of stuff left undone. It's been a week of managing life, not living it. It'll be good to get away for a few days next week. Feeling disorganized and over-scheduled erodes the reverence I have for family time and so I need to unplug and unwind and just chill out a bit.

We're going back to our deserted beach. I snapped this photo on our vacaction there last November; walking back from the beach at sunset I turned for one last peek at the sky and saw this house for the first time, though surely we'd walked and biked past it a dozen times before. It lives in my computer, rather optimistically titled, myfuture.jpg. It seems I'm not the only one who's taken with this house, which, I've just learned, is called Mansour House. I can't believe we'd taken the exact same photograph. Kindred architectural spirits.

Happy Friday friends.

No comments: